The top 5 reasons you need to see the dentist every six months.
There are very few people who actually enjoy sitting in the dentist’s chair and even for them, brushing and flossing alone won’t keep teeth or gums healthy and strong. Professional dental help on a regular basis is the best way to guarantee that your teeth remain healthy.
Here are the 5 reasons you need to see the dentist at least twice a year:
- Tooth Decay– Dentists are trained to catch and prevent the early stages of tooth decay. If you get to the point where you can diagnose your own tooth decay, it’s already causing damage. Over time, plaque builds up and your teeth begin to slowly deteriorate. Don’t miss your cleanings, they remain important throughout your life.
- Plaque– This sticky deposit is filled with bacteria that clings to your teeth at the gum line and between your teeth. A buildup of plaque can result in tartar, which can cause discoloration, cavities abscesses and worse as it goes untreated. When you come in, we’ll deep-clean your teeth and remove all of the plaque and ensure that tartar doesn’t form.
- Gum Disease– Just like tooth decay, dentists are probably the only ones who can spot gum disease in its early stages. The longer germs and plaque are left to their own devices, in your mouth, the more serious the damage can become. The gradual dental deterioration can lead to all sorts of serious health problems. Coming in twice a year can help prevent gum disease from spreading any further.
- The Future– As we grow older, our health tends to decrease and we must see the doctor and dentist, to ensure that we are staying healthy. Getting into the habit of regular dental appointments can keep your teeth healthy and can even save you money in the long run.
- Your Smile– Having a sparkling, straight smile is no longer just for celebrities. With our experience in the industry and the help of modern technology, we can help you maintain and improve your smile.
At Dental Innovations, we focus on ensuring that our patients have the healthiest and brightest smile possible.
Schedule your next appointment now to ensure that you are orally healthy and have a beautiful smile.